There are many signs that Spring is coming. First, your plants start poking their heads out from the ground. Second, the trees and grass become greener. Three, the rain. All it seems to do is rain and rain and rain some more. Four, day light savings. The old saying Spring Forward, Fall Back. Each Spring we have to jump an hour ahead which means you lose and hour. This April is the 100th Anniversary of the Day Light Savings Time. Day Light Savings time was invented by Benjamin Franklin but wasn’t used until George Vernon Hudson.
Day light savings for this Spring starts on Sunday, March 13, 2016 and will end on Sunday, November 6, 2016. Most people will wake up tired or even “jet lagged”. It takes several days and some people months to get use to the time difference.
The first day of Spring doesn’t actually arrive until Sunday, March 20, 2016. Spring normally last 92 days, 18 Hours and 32 minutes.
I have a lot of cool things to write about this year. 1) 100th anniversary of the Indy 500 2) Election year 3) Indiana turns 100.
Few things you need to do to get ready for Spring
1) Clean your gutters and down spouts.
2) Clear the weeds from around your house
3) Sweep around your front porch frame to remove all cobwebs
4) Inspect your air conditioning unit
5) Check your outdoor faucet
6) Clean your filter
7) Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
8) Check your dryer vent line
9) If you have a fireplace, have it inspected and clean
For me, spring just means BBQs, soccer and baseball games. I love spring. I love the colors. I am hoping to get my spring cleaning done early so that I can enjoy the rest of the season.
Until Next Time…….